Top 5 Reasons to Wear a Helmet
I know that helmets can be a controversial issue among us horse folks. But, here are just a few reasons to wear one when riding.
1. Helmets can save lives. Head injuries are the leading cause of death in horseback riding accidents. A helmet can help to protect your head in the event of a fall and can reduce the risk of serious injury or death.
2. Helmets are comfortable and easy to wear. There are many different types of helmets available, so you can find one that fits well and is comfortable to wear.
3. Helmets are affordable. Helmets are a relatively inexpensive investment that can provide you with peace of mind and help to protect you in the event of a fall.
4. Helmets can set a good example. Wearing a helmet can set a good example for other riders and help to promote safety in the equestrian community.
5. A helmet can protect you from the sun. The sun's rays can be very harmful to your skin, and they can also cause eye problems. A helmet can help to protect you from the sun's rays, and it can help to keep you cool and comfortable.
It is important to choose a helmet that fits properly and is comfortable to wear. You should also have your helmet fitted by a qualified professional to ensure that it is the right size and style for you. You should also replace your helmet every five years, or sooner if it has been damaged in a fall.
If you're not sure if you should wear a helmet when horseback riding, the answer is simple: yes, you should. Helmets are a simple way to protect yourself from serious injury or death, and they're comfortable and stylish to boot. So there's no reason not to wear one.